Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dinner For One..

After reading Ching's blog today, I suddenly had a crush for spagatti. It has been a while I haven't cook that....if I must recall, it was like 3 years ago?? I rarely miss my own cooking, I gotta admit I don't cook exceptionally well these days. I used to have more passion in cooking and better skills when I was in Kuching. Eversince I moved to KL, this interest dropped, so as my cooking skills...it gets worse by the days with my cooking habits of bimonthly or even less.
It was raining cat and dog when I left the office, luckily the rain subsided when I got home. I went to pasar malam to get the ingredients. I didn't have anything specific on my mind, I was thinking of making it erm..fusion?? I bought ham, sausages, capsicon, onion and tomato (just whatever came to my mind).
I quickly got home after that (I felt like I couldn't wait to cook after the afternoon craving). I cut everything into cubes, stir fried the ingredients and pour in the tomato paste. It took about 45 minutes to prepare everything. The tomato paste was a bit too sourish, but overall, it wasn't too bad. I didn't even put salt in it, (trying to be healthy) lolz.

I finished a big bowl of it on my own with my eyes on tv drama. I haven't felt so much fun eating alone since Steve has gone for his Paris trip. It doesn't taste exceptionally nice, nor bad. It was just mediocre but I felt so much warmth eating it and was very contented with the meal.
I actually cooked extra wanting to give to my colleaugue, but since it didn't pass my QA for this round, I guess I would need to improvise first before I let her taste my cooking *teTtTt*

I guess cooking can be fun, even if you are alone, so long you are enthusiastic about it. =)

3 comments:

Borneo Falcon said...

I think everyone had their own way and ingredients when it comes to pasta or spaghetti.

Ken said...

best companion for dinner when alone is TV...LOL :D

Look delicious though...

[ - ] xtionkamen / ﺈﻴﻛﺸﻦ ﮐﺂﻤﻳﻦ said...

waaaaa....nk sikit!!!
sdpnyeee